- Local Name: Kadi/Bydagi
- Wrinkled variety deep red or dark red in colour, mild pungent.
- Grown in the fertile lands of Karnataka, India. Bellary Hubli & Bydagi areas of Karnataka.
- Scoville Heat Value- Bydagi variety of dried red chillies are not very pungent variety with pungency between 8000 SHU to 16000 SHU.
- ASTA – This variety colour value is very high being the surface of all these varieties bigger than the Andhra Pradesh & Telangana grown chillies. ASTA between 100 to 250 .A beautiful Deep Red Colour.
- Bydagi Variety Dried Red Chillies crop size roughly about 125,000 MT.
- Major consumers of this variety in domestic markets are Gujarat /Maharashtra/ Rajasthan/Delhi Mandi’s . This variety is consumed mostly by the Masala /Retailers across the country for its special high colour. Major Oleoresin manufacturers actively buy this variety for the International Markets.
- This variety is also in demand in the Malaysian / Singapore Markets. Stemless of this variety, with stem & chilli powders are the major formats of this variety.
- The Packing is Buyer Specific regularly available in 10 Kgs/25 Kgs PP bags & 10 Kgs / 25 Kgs Jute Bags.